April 5, 2025

Great Wide Nothing ~ USA ~ Atlanta, Georgia


Progressive rock; Neo Prog

Facebook

Bandcamp

Latest: A Shout Into The Void (2025). 5/2

The View From Olympus (2019)

Great Wide Nothing are from Atlanta and clearly embrace progressive rock at its early 70s UK major group peak. Classic Yes and Genesis seem to be front and center and the vocals have that distinctive Fish neo prog edge to them. I like the woody bass sound, something that should be required for any up and coming prog group. Piano, organ, and analog synthesizers are also part of the recipe. And some fake mellotron. This is one of those oxymoronic retro / neo prog type acts. The standard bearer for such a phenomena would be Cliffhanger, that most wonderful Dutch band that largely went unnoticed.

11/24/24 (review)

11/24/24 (new entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California

Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...