Overview: Ain Soph's legacy dates back to the 70s as an ensemble known as Tenchi-Sozo. Initially a band influenced heavily by Camel, Ain Soph added more fusion and ultimately more Canterbury sounds into the mix. My recollection is that some of the later material is a bit glossy, but I need to revisit with modern ears.
December 2, 2018
Ain Soph, Japan
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 years titled Seven Colours. The release date has been set for the day after Christmas. Nothing about this on their website, nor do they have much other internet presence. The original source of the news comes from the Japanese online dealers.
Location: Tokyo
Overview: Ain Soph's legacy dates back to the 70s as an ensemble known as Tenchi-Sozo. Initially a band influenced heavily by Camel, Ain Soph added more fusion and ultimately more Canterbury sounds into the mix. My recollection is that some of the later material is a bit glossy, but I need to revisit with modern ears.
Overview: Ain Soph's legacy dates back to the 70s as an ensemble known as Tenchi-Sozo. Initially a band influenced heavily by Camel, Ain Soph added more fusion and ultimately more Canterbury sounds into the mix. My recollection is that some of the later material is a bit glossy, but I need to revisit with modern ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Sithonia appear to be still around as of May 2024. Barely... Facebook La Soluzione Semplice (2011) It's a rare case indeed when a ban...
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
Neo Prog; Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: The Long Goodbye (2023). All these years later, and I've only heard the below Gala...
-
Progressive rock; Retro prog Facebook Latest: Ulisse L'Alfiere Nero (2013) UMR review page for Progenesi 12/20/13 (new entry)
-
Neo Italian prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Samir (2020) ---UMR notes Il Corponauta (2016) Il Paradiso degli Orchi are a band ...
-
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 year...
-
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Negatives (2026). Sep 29. Apparently this is their homage to 1982, and the tracks are radio lengt...
-
Progressive rock Bandcamp (label) Latest: Terra Tiempo (2026) Mar 30 Yet another band making a return that I thought was long gone. UMR revi...
-
Progressive rock Facebook YouTube Latest: A Szavakon Túl (2009). Seems the band last played in 2012, though they have maintained their FB pa...

No comments:
Post a Comment