March 3, 2017
Tangle Edge, Norway
News: 2016 saw the band releasing their first new album in quite some time called Infinity Steps Back, which I need to investigate. In addition, a couple of their older CD-Rs are being refurbished by Auricle. Still in the inferior CD-R format (sigh).
Location: Narvik (waaay up north. Brrrrr)
Overview: Tangle Edge are the premiere space rock group when talking about the renaissance that occurred in the late 1980s. As if frozen in time, literally and figuratively, Tangle Edge brought back the spirit and vigor of the early 70s northern European psychedelic explorers. Some 35 years since their debut cassette, the band continues on in a similar manner. Seemingly in their own world. I have all their (non CD-R) albums up through Serpentary Quarters. Their last two albums have been LP only. In any case, I'll eventually get more reviews up.
Reviews (click on album covers)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
News: Atomic Simao recently released their 5th album Levitation Loom Four on December 10th (download). The LP came out on May 4, 2019 ...
-
Neo Prog; Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: The Long Goodbye (2023). All these years later, and I've only heard the below Gala...
-
Progressive rock Bandcamp (label) Latest: Terra Tiempo (2026) Mar 30 Yet another band making a return that I thought was long gone. UMR revi...
-
Neo Italian prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Samir (2020) ---UMR notes Il Corponauta (2016) Il Paradiso degli Orchi are a band ...
-
Retro prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Panacea (2026). May 22 UMR review page for Agusa 5/10/14 (new entry)
-
Progressive rock; Retro prog Facebook Latest: Ulisse L'Alfiere Nero (2013) UMR review page for Progenesi 12/20/13 (new entry)
-
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 year...
-
Sithonia appear to be still around as of May 2024. Barely... Facebook La Soluzione Semplice (2011) It's a rare case indeed when a ban...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Negatives (2026). Sep 29. Apparently this is their homage to 1982, and the tracks are radio lengt...


No comments:
Post a Comment