Tale Cue, Italy


Neo prog

Facebook

YouTube

Latest: Voices Beyond My Curtain (1991)

Talk about a band I never thought we'd hear from again! Apparently they are working on new material 30+ years on from their sole album Their Facebook page is post heavy and uninformative. Most curious what they come up with. I really liked their debut as noted below.

Voices Beyond My Curtain (1991)

Tale Cue were of the earliest bands to participate in the Italian progressive rock renaissance. For the era and location, they were wired closest to Ezra Winston. That is to say, a strong neo progressive sound with English vocals. So early in fact, it's quite apparent Tale Cue were pre-Google Translate as well. I haven't the slightest idea what Voices Beyond My Curtain, Prisoner of Cutting Light, and Flying to Fade can possibly mean. No matter though, as I probably wouldn't understand the Italian variations either, though I would have preferred the local language had been applied. Still it's apparent Tale Cue have quite an imagination, and the six lengthy tracks here allow them to expand those ideas in unique ways. This is definitely a guitar based album, and the instrument dominates along with the shrill female vocals - vocals that somehow fit the music perfectly.

---6/8/13

10/7/24 (new entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tale Cue, Italy

Neo prog Facebook YouTube Latest: Voices Beyond My Curtain (1991) Talk about a band I never thought we'd hear from again! Apparently the...