News: I thought this band were inactive and I'd already archived this page. But they're back with a new live album celebrating their 43rd (?!) anniversary.
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Overview: Starting as a relatively normal fusion band of the late 70s, Woodenhead continued to up the energy level as they got older. A fine, and yet still undiscovered band.
UMR notes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Sithonia appear to be still around as of May 2024. Barely... Facebook La Soluzione Semplice (2011) It's a rare case indeed when a ban...
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
Neo Prog; Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: The Long Goodbye (2023). All these years later, and I've only heard the below Gala...
-
Neo Italian prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Samir (2020) ---UMR notes Il Corponauta (2016) Il Paradiso degli Orchi are a band ...
-
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 year...
-
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Negatives (2026). Sep 29. Apparently this is their homage to 1982, and the tracks are radio lengt...
-
Progressive rock Bandcamp (label) Latest: Terra Tiempo (2026) Mar 30 Yet another band making a return that I thought was long gone. UMR revi...
-
Progressive rock Facebook YouTube Latest: A Szavakon Túl (2009). Seems the band last played in 2012, though they have maintained their FB pa...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: The Key (2019) ---UMR notes The Key (2019) Over 30 years ago, there was a new band from N...

Top fusion band.
ReplyDeleteFemale keyboardist.
I have the first two lps.
-Wallace
Thanks Wallace for the comment!
DeleteThey still gig regularly in New Orleans.
ReplyDeleteHave to maybe check them out next time I'm in the Big Easy. Thanks Ken for the comment!
Delete