News: Quaterna Réquiem are very active on the live front in their home country of Brazil. No word on a new album though.
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Overview: Quaterna Réquiem were one of the first bands of the late 1980s/early 90s progressive rock renaissance to review the works of the Mediterranean bands such as Quella Vecchia Locanda and Gotic, rather than the standard English "Big 3" of Genesis, Yes, and ELP.
UMR notes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Sithonia appear to be still around as of May 2024. Barely... Facebook La Soluzione Semplice (2011) It's a rare case indeed when a ban...
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
Neo Prog; Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: The Long Goodbye (2023). All these years later, and I've only heard the below Gala...
-
Progressive rock; Retro prog Facebook Latest: Ulisse L'Alfiere Nero (2013) UMR review page for Progenesi 12/20/13 (new entry)
-
Neo Italian prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Samir (2020) ---UMR notes Il Corponauta (2016) Il Paradiso degli Orchi are a band ...
-
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 year...
-
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
News: Atomic Simao recently released their 5th album Levitation Loom Four on December 10th (download). The LP came out on May 4, 2019 ...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Negatives (2026). Sep 29. Apparently this is their homage to 1982, and the tracks are radio lengt...
-
Progressive rock Bandcamp (label) Latest: Terra Tiempo (2026) Mar 30 Yet another band making a return that I thought was long gone. UMR revi...

Hey Tom! Quaterna has an album in between "Velha Gravura" and "O Arquiteto", called "Quasimodo". It was done in 1994, I believe. Unfortunately, it's not really that good, but you should investigate anyway :)
ReplyDeletecheers,
Alex
Hi Alex - yep! I used to own that CD. I had a few notes on it prior, but took them down, since it's been forever since I heard it. I remember the album being way more stripped down, almost like a Weirmann solo album.
ReplyDelete