February 25, 2017
Architectural Metaphor, USA
News: Architectural Metaphor have released their 5th official CD called Galactus Interruptum in late 2016, without any fanfare at all (not even on their Facebook page, which is really a memoir page). I see it's available from CD Baby and on Discogs.
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Overview: Along with Djam Karet, Architectural Metapohor are one of the pioneers of the modern space rock movement in the United States, and have been continuously operating since 1984. They had long breaks between releases, and I've only heard their first two, though I hope to do something about that soon.
Reviews (click on album cover)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zero Hour ~ USA ~ Pleasanton, California
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
Sithonia appear to be still around as of May 2024. Barely... Facebook La Soluzione Semplice (2011) It's a rare case indeed when a ban...
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
Neo Prog; Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: The Long Goodbye (2023). All these years later, and I've only heard the below Gala...
-
Progressive rock; Retro prog Facebook Latest: Ulisse L'Alfiere Nero (2013) UMR review page for Progenesi 12/20/13 (new entry)
-
Neo Italian prog Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Samir (2020) ---UMR notes Il Corponauta (2016) Il Paradiso degli Orchi are a band ...
-
News: And yet another band from the distant past has risen from the grave! Ain Soph have announced their first new studio album in 26 year...
-
Prog metal; Tech thrash Facebook Latest: No Man's Land (EP) (2026). Oct 16. I need to spin up a UMR page. Next time I hear one of their ...
-
News: Atomic Simao recently released their 5th album Levitation Loom Four on December 10th (download). The LP came out on May 4, 2019 ...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Negatives (2026). Sep 29. Apparently this is their homage to 1982, and the tracks are radio lengt...
-
Progressive rock Bandcamp (label) Latest: Terra Tiempo (2026) Mar 30 Yet another band making a return that I thought was long gone. UMR revi...


Nice to see them surface again. I, myself, have the impression that they were utterly forgotten. "Everything You Know Is Wrong" is another good one, with a new female vocalist and consists of studio tracks recorded in 2005. It has a harder edge, reminding at times the british heavy progressive bands of the early 70s but the Floydian space element is also to the fore. "Other Music" is a live album containing some Hawkwind covers among the originals. However, i.m.o. nothing in their catalogue tops "Creature of the Velvet Void".
ReplyDeleteSomething that might be of interest to your readers, in order to complete the picture of an unsung band, is a complete history of them from the Aural Innovations blog.
http://aural-innovations.com/blog/2013/11/architectural-metaphor-a-history-as-told-by-paul-eggleston/
Thanks Spyros for the insight! And yes, I agree, AI's article is fantastic.
Delete