UMR notes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dawn ~ Switzerland
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Melancolia (2026) Oct 30 UMR review page for Dawn 10/31/23 (new entry)
-
Progressive rock Latest: Bloodliners (2025) Here's a band I had no idea was still around. They don't maintain a traditional social m...
-
Canterbury style; Progressive Rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Ecco L'impero Dei Doppi Sensi (2023) UMR review page for Homunculus Res ...
-
News: It appears the band is no more, and they have no active internet presence as of January 2, 2017. Location: Rutigliano, Puglia ...
-
Progressive rock; Space rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest release: Mundos Paralelos (2008) ---UMR notes Mundos Paralelos (2008) With Mundos Pare...
-
Krautrock styled; Neo Gothic Progressive Facebook Bandcamp (new) Bandcamp (old) Latest: Devotion to a Noble Idea (2025) EP Beauty Will Save ...
-
Progressive rock; AOR; Hard rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Sorgens Kapittel (2026) Oct 21 UMR review page for Arabs in Aspic 9/4/13 (new ent...
-
Space rock; Jazz rock; Neo psych Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Goat (2024). To be released Oct 11. Requiem (2016) Mid 1970s Embryo, Archimedes B...
-
Progressive rock; Hard rock Website Bandcamp Latest: Genjitsumu (2026) Albums I own: Kumorigahara (2021). Haven't reviewed for UMR yet. ...
-
Progressive rock Facebook Bandcamp Latest: Melancolia (2026) Oct 30 UMR review page for Dawn 10/31/23 (new entry)
-
Retro prog Facebook Latest: Swan Song (2012). EP UMR review page for Porcelain Moon 4/24/11 (new entry)

It is strange with PANDORA. Though I like very aggressive and raw metal and I don't care at all about the progressive metal style, the metal elements in PANDORA don't sound out of place for me. Probably because of the genre hopping and not its stylistic integration. And this is the second strange thing... genre hopping with this band also works for me. So much that I am rating higher, the debut and the 3rd over their 2nd. Strange these italians...
ReplyDeleteThe scary thing is... I understand everything your saying! It's so true.. the metal elements here definitely aren't typical prog metal (except the first two tracks on the debut). Before doing this article, I think I had the 3rd over the second as well. But changed my mind while going through each one back to back.
Delete